Friday, August 29, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Is Upon Us!!!

It is officially here! Labor Day Weekend! They say this is the end of summer....so I thought I would live it up this weekend :) This morning we had coworkers and friends out to our house after work...yeah, we work graveyard! We had a lot of fun chatting, playing cards, grilling out, and even having a couple of beers! Essex, the town I live in (and grew up in), is the Southwest Iowa hub for Labor Day action. Tomorrow Jesse is golfing in the annual tournament (only his second time golfing!) and I am working at the event. I'm excited to see lots of old faces back in town :) Then tomorrow night they are having 4-wheeler and dirt bike races that we will attend. The best part about local events is that you know almost everyone participating, so you can cheer every time someone races :) Sunday will be a great rest day! We will probably need it by then! There are tons of events scheduled, but we will mostly just relax. I am going to try and make the all school reunion...which is an event held for anyone ever graduating from Essex High School. I think it will be a good time to catch up with some old classmates :) I also have a wedding reception I will try and go to that afternoon as well. Monday is the BIG day in Essex. There will be a big parade full of fire trucks and marching bands :) And then in the afternoon there is the demolition derby! My cousin is entering a car for the second year and we'll all be anxious to watch! There is also a poker run, a scavenger hunt, three street dances, kids games, and much, much more to do over the weekend in Essex! If you get a chance, stop by http://essexiowa.com/ and check out all the other great events going on this weekend! In a small town, you find entertainment where you can...and you enjoy every minute of it :) I couldn't imagine it any other way!!! Have a safe and enjoyable weekend :) Edi

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you have a full weekend of fun and games! have a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...