- In 2008 I blogged 69 times. In 2009 I have already blogged 45 times. This shows me that I am getting more comfortable with my blog. I am finding things I want to share. And I am figuring out what my readers like :)
- In March of 2008 I had 9 posts. For March 2009 I am already on post #13! And it's only the 19th of the month. Not bad...13 out of 19 days...I'm making major improvements in my frequency of blogging :)
- I have 52 followers and counting! This makes me feel good about my blogging :)
- As you can see from above, I've learned to blog more often. I know I am not able to blog everyday, so I aim for every other day...at the least. If you don't blog for days or weeks at a time, people will get tired of returning to see the same old post. Keep it up-to-date and fresh :)
- Learn as you go. I have added items to my side bar, removed them, added new ones, and I keep working with it to see what people enjoy seeing and show what I find important.
- I joined the EtsyBloggers Street Team :) This is one fun team to be a part of. We interact through our message board and the Etsy forums. We keep up-to-date on each others' lives, congratulate each other, give words of encouragement, and send (((hugs))) in times of need :) A great group of gals!!!
- I have started hosting contests this year. Each month I have a new contest. I like to keep them simple...visit my store and tell me what you like...simple as that. I also add other ways to enter that are also simple :) You can enter my current contest here.
- I have also started adding more personal info to my blog. When I first started out, I was going to keep it strictly Etsy. But I've learned that readers want to know the artist behind the work. So I try to keep a nice mix of my work, my life, and everything in between :)
So...what do you think? Have I done well in the last year? Where is there room for improvement? What would you like to see that I'm not showing or telling you? Leave me a comment...I read them all and LOVE to hear from you :)