Monday, October 14, 2013

Studio Update - Coming Together

Coming Together - The title of this post really has two meanings. Obviously my new studio is really coming together! But the title also refers to the coming together of our family and friends to help us get where we are. Last Friday and Saturday, we had tons of awesome help show up to put up the rafters and stand up the last wall. With Jesse being out of commission for the time being, it was so great of everyone to pitch in and really make my studio come together.

Also, with Jesse being out of commission, that means I'm getting to do more of the manual labor. I helped pour the footings and the concrete slab, but I haven't done much since then. Jesse and his dad built all three walls and got two of them stood up before his surgery. This weekend I was the muscle...lol. Friday I helped lift each rafter up on to the walls and lean them on the existing roof. And Saturday I got to climb onto the roof and push the rafters back off and help stand them up. Boy am I sore today!!!

It's just amazing how fast things come together. The process seems to be taking forever and winter is fast approaching, but it's amazing what you can get done in a couple of days! Next will come the sheeting on the walls and roof and tying in the new roof to the old roof. Sounds like a lot of work, but I've been told the sheeting goes fast...fingers crossed!

25 comments:

  1. Wow! It's really taking shape! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's super exciting! And props to you for doing some of the manual labor! I would definitely be intimidated by the thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is coming together, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!! You are strong and brave.
    If you can get the walls and roof up before the snow flies, all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting!Looks like a great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting!! Great work by you and all, so nice to have wonderful helpers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your studio is going to be that much more special with the extra added help of so many family and friends. I'm sure it's difficult for Jesse to sit back and not touch anything! The progress is looking stellar. =0) Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! lots of progress this weekend!! wooot

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's incredible and so exciting, all that space for a studio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe how quickly everything is coming together! You're going to have such an amazing new studio before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's looking great!! Can't believe how quick you can put up a structure. Makes me want to build some things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having fun watching the process!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's looking great! And that's awesome that you're helping with the labor. Three cheers for tough ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a lot of progress! Bet Jesse is itchin' to get back to work on it but it's good you've got help while he's out of commission. Pretty exciting to see it come so far!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! That's a big studio space. You must be really, really, really excited. And it's fun to be able to help it come together. How very nice. Hope everyone is doing well. {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. That second picture is really neat. It looks fun to build a studio.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go Edi!!! You did more than I would be able to do. Thank goodness for family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your family and friends are amazing! The studio is looking fantastic. It looks like it will be all closed up before the snowy season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aaaaaaah! High-five! It looks so good! And I know it seems like it's taking forever, but you've really gotten a lot done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks awesome Edi! All this hard work is going to pay off big time when your done. It looks like you are going to have an amazing space.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Edi! I'm truly so happy for you! I swear that having my own studio is what kicked my business into high gear.

    A space all your own to create, create, create. You are going to love it! I can't wait to see the final pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! That is SO exciting! How wonderful that so many helped in the construction. That will just make the finished studio even more meaningful.
    fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so amazed by how quickly things are coming together. You will have some "moving" memories of your own after climbing onto the roof and working with the rafters!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see how this turns out! It's so amazing to have your own space to work, but to really have your own HUGE space is even better. Keep up the good work! You'll be so proud (and SO HAPPY) when it's done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...