Friday, August 21, 2015

Tesla, Styx & Def Leppard

Last weekend Jesse and I camped at the Iowa State Fair. It was one hot weekend, but we enjoyed getting away and spending some time with family as well. We've been to the fair several times before, so I didn't really take any pictures of the main attractions. We did walk almost the entire fair grounds and inside most of the buildings as well. But the most exciting part of the weekend was the awesome concert!

Tesla kicked off the night and played all their hits. I love a concert where you can sing along to every song they play :)

While some of these guys haven't aged too well (lol) they can still rock and they can still put on a show. They've got more energy than I do!
 

Styx was the band I was least excited about. Some of their songs are kinda slow and I was afraid it would be a lull in the night. But I have to give them credit...They Rocked! Every song was upbeat and fun.

Def Leppard rocked the house and I don't think there was a single person in their seats the entire time they were on stage.

Some of these guys have aged better than others :)

I just love watching their drummer. For those that don't know, their drummer is one-armed. Rather than playing with both arms, he plays with both feet. I just think that's one of the coolest things ever!

And we ended the night with a spectacular fireworks show :)

16 comments:

  1. What a fun and music-filled weekend! It's amazing how some bands can still draw a huge crowd even after decades :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a group of bands--my husband would've loved it! The Iowa State Fair is a biggie, I think--I can see why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you guys had a great time! and so much music - wow! Your state fair is quite the affair

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great getaway! Love that picture of you and Jesse.
    All those great music acts AND fireworks!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say the concert was more exciting than the pres. candidates acting like they go to state fairs every day haha!
    Sounds like y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I love 80s hair bands. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing night! It's awesome when you have such a fantastic line up like that, and it's crazy how some of these old bands still rock so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those bands! I know all the words to Styx and Def Leppard songs too! I'd love to see them! Glad you and Jesse had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun, exciting evening! Love the fireworks shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun photos! It is amazing how the old guys can rock. I was fascinated when I saw the Stones about 10 years ago. Mick Jagger did not slow down the entire show. Rick Allen is amazing. Such an inspiration. I'm glad you guy had such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like fun! It's been awhile since I've been at a big summer concert. You make me want to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like fun!
    Have a great weekend...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome show! We saw Styx two summers ago and they were great. We were too far away to get any pictures, but they SOUNDED good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haven't been to a state fair in forever! glad you had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...