Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Chicago - Part 2 - Navy Pier

  For our first full day in Chicago, we visited the Navy Pier. I'm definitely no fan of heights, but I knew I wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel no matter what. I had to do a little convincing to get Jesse to go with me..lol. To be honest, once you get moving, you pay more attention to what's in front of you and around you than actually looking down. I wasn't scared for even a second...and that's saying a lot!

A beautiful shot of the sailboats on Lake Michigan with that great skyline in the background.
 
 Ferris Wheel Selfie :)

 Another thing we decided to do while visiting Navy Pier was ride a tour boat. We chose the Architectural and History Tour given by the Seadog. Neither Jesse and I are much into history, so we were a little worried about that part of the ride. But we had the best guide who made the entire 75 minute tour lots of fun.

And of course I loved getting to see all these awesome buildings from the water. Cruising from Lake Michigan down the Chicago River was so much fun!

 A beautiful light house on Lake Michigan.

 We pretty much spent the entire day at Navy Pier just walking the strip and taking in the beauty. We did a little shopping, got lunch and enjoyed the beer garden later on :)

12 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! And looks like it was a sunny day - perfect :)
    I haven't been on a Ferris Wheel for ages. It's nice to take in the scenery from above. The light house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! So glad you had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos! All are stunning, but I am especially fond of that lighthouse. I have never seen a lighthouse. It is so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that boat ride was amazing! I'd love to do that! You two look so happy you made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Jesse got such a fabulous day for Navy Pier and the boat ride! Love your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome photos. It looks like you had perfect weather too! I love seeing all the buildings. The ferris wheel looks fantastic. I can only imagine what it was like seeing the city from up there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Navy Pier is so fun! I haven't been there in forever - this inspires me to go back. I'm so glad you had such a great trip here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool lighthouse! I would love to photograph it. We went on a Ferris Wheel in Australia and I was sometimes a little freaked out when I thought about the height, but it was fun overall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you guys did the boat tour! That's one of my favorite things in the city; you learn so much in an hour and it's great bang for your buck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. -Love- the lighthouse shot. Looks like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not much for cities, a country girl at heart, but I think I would enjoy seeing Lake Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the perfect day! weather is gorgeous, out on the water, with your sweetie .... what could be better?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...