Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Country Life

Last week the sun popped out for a few days and I sure didn't want to miss it! I'd been seeing pictures of morel mushrooms on Facebook and wanted to do some looking of my own. Luckily we found a spot last year that's only about a mile from the house. It made for a nice walk...a little sun and little exercise :)

I found one right off the bat, but only found about 5 or 6 more. A nice start...let's just hope there are more out there in another week or two!

After my walk back, I took a stroll around the yard. Never hurts to look in your own trees, but no luck. It was still nice to just be outside and enjoy the country life :) Mama Kitty followed me on my walk around the yard.

And I can't go near the pasture without these two wanting some attention. At least in this picture they're inside the fence! They played escape artists yesterday and went to visit the neighbors...ugh!

Weeds or flowers? I'll let you decide. Either way, I think they're pretty :)


A couple more shots "touring" our property. I think those might be actual ladybugs, rather than those annoying beetles!

And after my walk, Harley and I hung out on the front steps and enjoyed some more sun. Gotta love that smile :)

16 comments:

  1. What a fun post and gorgeous pics! The photo of the ladybugs on the plant is so cool! Love the last pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day to be outside, with the sun, and the flowers, and all the sweet animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me homesick for the country. I'll be digging dandelions soon. I think they are pretty, too, but my neighbors disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great walk you had! (My neighbors donkeys are always getting out. xD.) And the shot of all those lady bugs! *sighs with hearts in eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! I always wanted to live in the country, but I married a city boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a lot of ladybugs! I am so very excited about our upcoming time in the country. We leave a month from Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooooo jealous! I would love to live in the country! I know you might think that city buildings are nice, but when I see them with no vegetation around them, just concrete everywhere, I don't think them beautiful, more of a blight on the landscape. I guess beauty is in the "eye of the beholder"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I like skylines better than all the other buildings. A great row of buildings lining the water...so cool!

      Delete
  8. You have a lot of land. The animals and countryside look so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well yes, gotta love that smile! and so loving that you can find those fancy mushrooms growing wild near you - how great is that?! are the escape artists yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cool to just walk outside and find them. Though they do like to hide...you have to know the right places to look :)
      The horse is a family-member's, but she's been here about 2 years. And the cow is ours...for now! He's gotten out twice, so he may have to find a new home!

      Delete
  10. Hee hee, those two look like they'd be escape artists. I detect a mischievous twinkle in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This walk must have been so relaxing. There is nothing like a little nature to sooth the soul. The sea of dandelions is charming! That is a lot of ladybugs in 1 spot. They are so good for plants!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make me miss the midwest country life! What a lovely walk topped off with adorable Harley! Cute photo of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those two escape artists look mighty innocent! :) What a great tour of your property. Loved all the photos especially the one of you and Harley.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice tour & cute photos! Love the ladybugs... they've swarmed into my house in past years, it's nice to see them outside. Was wondering if you eat the morels - when I find them a friend usually comes by to get them and eat them, but I was thinking I should try them one year myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...