Monday, September 22, 2014

Marathon Medals

Earlier this summer I was contacted by a local chamber of commerce to engrave some "medals" for a marathon fundraiser they were hosting. The race takes place on the Wabash Trace and they were looking for some wood medals to go along with the nature theme of the race.

Here is a photo of part of the race trail...isn't it beautiful!

Each year the race gets bigger and bigger and I was so happy to be asked to be a part of it this year! I engraved the marathon's logo on the front and drilled holes in each wooden log slice so they could be worn like regular medals. Yikes...this required power tools!

 
And here are some of the runners wearing their medals :)
I've already gotten so many awesome complements from some of the volunteers and runners from the day. It's been fun seeing everyone's photos on Facebook of them with their medals!

This was a great event to be a part of and I was honored that they asked me to make their medals!

16 comments:

  1. oh those are awesome Edi! what a great idea and such a unique keepsake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works of art!! Love your design. The medals are beautiful! My son from NH ran a marathon last weekend on a trail through the woods. (He didn't get the running gene from me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cool and they look great worn by the runners!!
    How awesome you got to make those for such a fabulous event :)
    I love the rustic look of those disks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this when you put them on Facebook! What an awesome collaboration. Using wood is to much more fitting than the normal medals they hand out. How many did you have to make?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! This looks like the kind of race Angel would love to sign up for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The medals are beautiful! What a unique project. Great advertising too with all the admirers. Power tools freak me out too. I hope to be comfortable with them someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These stand really out against other medals, they make super awesome keepsakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just awesome! I wish there would have been these available when my first hubby ran a mountain race years ago. They would have been perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The medals are fabulous! Look at you with the power tools! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Edi - these are incredible! I know Robbie would love to get a medal like this on one of his runs. So unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apparently you made it through with no power tool mishaps! The medals turned out great, and what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a great idea for this run! And they certainly came to the right place when ordering their medals! You did a great job, they look awesome, and what a great keepsake for the runners.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really cool, Edi! I like them a lot. My son's elementary school does a jog-a-thon in the spring, and these would be fun. I'll bring up the idea to the organizers of the event. I don't think the kids have ever gotten anything other than their ribbons before, so this would be fun for them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edi, it was a great idea with these medals! The trail is very beautiful, too. But what really cought my attention was the very beautiful you! and I want to see more good photos of you, please!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, thanks Eugenie :) I'm not sure this is a very good picture, but I appreciate your comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...