Saturday, January 21, 2012

USPS Rate Increase

January 22nd marks the date for another rate increase for the United States Postal Service. Some of the most talked about increases are First Class Mail, First Class Mail International and Flat Rate Priority Packages.
  • First Class Mail will raise from $1.71 to $1.95 for the first 3 oz. and then 17 cents for each additional ounce.
  • First Class Mail International will start at $3.00 and then will vary by zone for each additional ounce.
  • Flat Rate Priority Packages are as follows

*Small: From $5.20 to $5.35

*Medium: $10.95 to $11.35

*Large: $14.95 to $15.45

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are some of the most noticable that I've seen, but you can get the complete list with separate XLS or CSV files for each category HERE.

7 comments:

  1. Postal rates for small packages have actually gone down over here, can you believe?
    I still think US rates are okay. I would buy so much more from the US were it not for the ridiculous customs fees that German law imposes on everything above 28USD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info and the link.
    Since I offer free shipping, I need to reassess. Do I continue to offer free shipping and raise prices, or do I end my free shipping policy? Still pondering that. Speaking of Ponderings.... My blog was deleted. Still no explanation from Blogger. I've dropped out of Etsy Blog Team for now, because I can't do any new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not idea! Thanks for sharing this. I like to send my daughter little packages about once a month and this is good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info! Somehow I don't think that these new rates will be enough to get the USPS out of debt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you might be readjusting your shipping costs. My journals and beads don't weigh too much. Luckily! Thanks for the info {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize the rates were going up that much for some items. I print priority mail labels directly from the USPS website and they give a discount for purchasing online so that helps some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep... up they go. Still think it's the best way to ship for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...