Thursday, July 23, 2009

Just for Fun

I know, I know...I should have been working on my Custom Albums! But I got all this great fabric from TiLTToo and just couldn't help but play with it :) I've been looking for ways to use cool fabrics in my scrapbooking and what better way to do it than with a bag full of scraps!
Here's some of the fabrics I received:
And here's what I decided to make first:
  • I covered two pieces of 4"x4" chipboard with fabric.
  • I then took a piece of cardstock and made a spine by scoring it down the middle and attaching it to both pieces of the chipboard.
  • Next I cut three sheets of paper to 3.5"x7", scored down the middle, and used my sewing machine to attach them at the score line.
  • I then glued one piece to each side of the chipboard pieces.
  • To cover everything up and make it look nice, I cut a piece of 3 7/8"x3 7/8" cardstock and glued it on the inside.

It turned out really cute! I hope to make more in the future and improve my technique. Expect to see different sizes and maybe even different shapes :) But I better get all my Custom Albums done first!!!

6 comments:

  1. You are so talented and creative! And of course I love that you used purple :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I think it turned out great and I love your color choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the lesson! very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! What a clever use for TiLT's fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun! It's so neat to see what someone has done with the scraps :) I have sold so many of the scrap bags...you're the 1st to show me some results :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...