Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Mid America Center Craft Show

Over the weekend, I attended a new-to-me show. It was located at the Mid America Center in Council Bluffs, Iowa. This is a larger show than I normally do and my first 2-day show. But I've come to the conclusion that if I'm going to spend my time at shows, I might as well go big. And it paid off.

While my booth was more expensive, I did get 2 days worth of shoppers. And the payout was well worth the extra booth fee. Luckily I had my mom there to not only help during the show, but take along extra inventory and setup and tear down. After 2 days, were were both beat!

And as always, you can never outguess your customers! My glassware and cutting boards have done really well at shows in the past. While these 2 items didn't sell as well as I had hoped, other items did sell really well. I had lots of new products like leather koozies and coasters, which did well. And recipe boxes continue to do well also. The nice thing is, now I don't have a ton of things to restock before my next show this coming weekend.

Have you had your first fall show yet?

15 comments:

  1. Even though the booth was expensive I am happy that the show was successful! Your booth looks amazing. I love how you displayed the magnets at eye level :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always try to find ways to make my displays more vertical.

      Delete
    2. I have gone vertical too with a grid that stands nearly six feet. Also takes more to fill it up! Glad your show was a good one!

      Delete
  2. Your booth looks great!! So glad your mom was there to help. You make a great team. Glad the show was a success. My first show is this Saturday. Excited that you and Judy will be able to see each other at Clarinda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck at your show LeAnn :) I can't wait to see Judy again!

      Delete
  3. I was always a fan of the two-day shows. Expensive yes, but there would always be a big enough crowd to make up for that. Isn't it funny what sells at one venue doesn't do well at another? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a nice steady flow of shoppers both days, so that was great.
      I've learned you can never outguess your buyers...ugh!

      Delete
  4. You set up looks great! I'm glad that the show went so well. I hope that the next one does, too. I still have a few weeks before my first fall show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a successful 2 day show Edi! You booth looks great, easy to shop. How wonderful your mom could be there to help both days too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow your merchandise looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so great, Edi! Very good selection to browse. Ugh...yes guessing at what customers will want is a science for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're show went well! I haven't decided if I'm going to do a show this year. It's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your set up look great and I'm so glad the show went well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Edi, that is such an impressive set-up! Makes me want to do craft shows again! Maybe someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a well-stocked and organized looking booth! I haven't had any fall craft shows since I'm not planning to do any. It just wasn't possible to sign up since we didn't know (and still don't!) when we'll be traveling this season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...