Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Trading Products for Photos

Once in a while I get asked to send one of my products in exchange for professional photos. Sometimes it's photographers wanting to build their portfolio and other times it's wedding photographers wanting gifts for the bride and groom. While I don't do this often, I do take these offers from time to time.

Sometimes the item gets returned and other times, it is "payment" for the photos.
Most recently I worked with Lauren Werkheiser Photography and couldn't be happier with the results.

I sent Lauren a pair of my Compass Cuff Links and in return got a handful of beautiful photos. The cuff links were a gift for the groom and I love how the photos turned out!

Have you ever sent a product in exchange for professional photos? Or something else?

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cuff links AND beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are beautiful, and of course I love your cuff links! I'm glad that the trade worked out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great win - win pairing. The photo is beautiful and I'm sure will bring some business your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally worth it, the products look lovely in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect trade for you to make! I hope you get permission to use the photos for your own promotions, as part of the deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I've had a few people want to trade with me in the past, and I've always said no because it takes me so long to make each piece...I don't think people always realize that (and truthfully, I would have been giving a lot more than I got in return). But I do think trades of services are a great idea when it's more or less equal time and/or expertise involved. I'm glad your trade worked out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are wonderful photos! I've never been asked that before so you're pretty special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful pieces and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cuff links are great and I like how they were styled in the photos! I've had offers like this in my fabric shoppe. Some companies or schools use my fabric as a backdrop. I usually get a link back and mention in exchange :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are gorgeous pictures! Your pieces really pop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome photos! and would be worth it! I would definitely swap great photos for jewelry. I have such a hard time getting it to look professional

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your trade worked out very well, and I like the styling of the cufflinks. Must be fun seeing them in a different setting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea--trading! I've never done it, but I have a friend that is a photographer, and I have thought of having her take some photos for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...