Thursday, October 1, 2015

Memories for Life on Facebook

After months (maybe years!) of contemplating, I finally created a Facebook page for Memories for Life! I have been asked so many times why I don't have a page and it really just came down to finding the time to get everything set up. I didn't want a bare page from day one, so I took the time to load photos in relevant categories and I'm making an effort to post at least one thing every day. 

My hope is that when things start to get crazy busy again during the holidays and I'm not able to blog as much, I'm still able to post quick updates in Facebook. I like that on days when I can't write a whole post, I can still post a quick photo, a few words and still reach my friends and customers.

What I'm not liking is the changes I've heard Facebook has made. I don't feel like my posts are reaching many people. I already have over 200 people that like my page, but only get one or two likes on my posts. Maybe I'm just expecting too much too soon?
For those of you with Facebook pages, what are you thoughts? Do you get traffic? Any tips/pointers?

Another thing I'd like to ask your opinion on is a name for my page. Of course Memories for Life isn't available and I'm at a loss of what else to call my page. I don't really use the "sb" part anymore. It used to stand for "scrapbooks" when I first started my Etsy page, but I've gone away from scrapbooking, so I'd like to get away from that part of my name. And I don't feel that adding my name, Edi, somewhere really helps either as it's not a common name and gets misspelled often.
Do you have any suggestions for a name for my page? I'd love any help I can get!

Do you have a Facebook page for your business? Feel free to leave it in the comments as well and I'll be sure to stop by and like it :)

12 comments:

  1. I think your page looks great. It's hard to get traffic. Most of my Likes come from posts not directly related to my shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Facebook traffic issue is huge, and these days it seems to affect everyone, regardless of the size and scope of the page. One of the best things that you can do is encourage fans to make sure that they get notifications and to keep liking and commenting on posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am sure you will be as successful with this page, as with everything else you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love social media for that very reason!
    It's so easy for me to take a quick photo or studio update. even a post from a gallery show or art festival on-the-road, and post it right from my phone. :)
    Sure, there are issues and tips to avoid getting lost in the shuffle of a crowded algorithm, but that's a whole blog post in itself.
    Engagement is key, and you're a pro at that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking page! Maybe something about "custom gifts" in your title?

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, congratulations on your new FB page! You're already off to a good start with that many fans :) Truth be told, I have mixed feelings about FB. Ever since they introduced FB ads and boosting posts it seems like a money making machine. I don't want to continually have to purchase ads just to be seen by my fans, so my alternative is Instagram. I've been on there for a year and a half and now have more followers than I ever did on FB in five years...just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What about Memories for Life Designs? Facebook can definitely be frustrating. Bubby and Bean has over 3,600 fans but my posts usually only reach 100-400 people with 2-8 likes per post. I did a post the other day and the reach was 10 people. 10! I think it's worth it to have a business FB page for sure but I don't rely on it as much as instagram where there is a lot of engagement. Headed over to like your page now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo...I like that! I just checked and it is available. Thanks for the suggestion Melissa :)
      Ugh...I guess I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. But that stinks for all small business pages not getting traffic!

      Delete
  8. Facebook can certainly help with exposure. I have found that frequent posting helps (I try to post once a day). This way your post will show up from time to time on people's feeds. Interacting with others really helps and will result in likes of your posts. I think Melissa's idea of Memories for Life Designs is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is to try to post once a day as well. I hope that helps!
      I just checked that name and it's available! I just got it set up :)

      Delete
  9. I got so mad at facebook after the changes. I had over 2500 followers and I'd be lucky if 50 people saw my post. They want you to pay for a higher reach, which I tried once but I really don't think it was going out to my target audience. Have you thought about Instagram or Pinterest. I have great luck at both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots of good things about Instagram lately. I really hate to add another social media outlet, which was my hesitation with FB in the first place. But if I find that FB isn't worth the effort, IG may be the way to go. Thanks Sher :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...