Friday, October 16, 2015

Holding On

While I'm enjoying seeing everyone's beautiful fall photos, I'm also holding on to every last bit of the warm weather and colorful scenery while I can. I'm really having hard time this year with the end of summer. We had so much fun this year and I hate to see our days of boating and long weekends come to an end!
 

So I took a stroll around the yard the other day to document the last bits of summer color I could. Our miniature rose is still blooming in full force. It's right by the mailbox, so I see it every day :) Our knock out roses are still blooming as well, but they're fading fast.

I even caught a glimpse of a few dandelions trying to hold on. Nuisance or not, I still think they're pretty. The white ones AND the yellow ones (inside joke here)!

How about you? Are you ready for pumpkins and sweatshirts? Or are you yearning for a few more days of summer?

13 comments:

  1. The roses are gorgeous! The snow and subsequent rain/slush have killed the last ones here :-/ I think dandelions are pretty too! I'm currently sewing a project using a fabric with dandelion print :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors of that rose are spectacular--like a sunset! You know how I love fall so I'm happy but, like you, I'd keep the fun activities of summer a little longer, if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rose! I'm holding on, too -- not quite ready for Fall and definitely not ready for Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your roses are beautiful! I'm 5000% ready for fall. This summer was so cold and rainy that I just want to move on. Fall has been much nicer so far. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty photos. I love how roses bloom so long. We still had flowers when it first snowed last year! Fall is my favorite season and I have already started making the comfort foods, mainly soups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! Our summer was so hot and dry that I didn't get a chance to enjoy it. I am liking the colors of fall though even though I know winter is not far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm never ready for summer to end. I'm crossing my fingers that fall and winter go by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the roses! We have plenty of pretty flowers in Hawaii, but I almost never see roses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful way to capture those last few colors of summer! your roses are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had our first chilly morning, as in, could feel the chill from outside in the bedroom this morning (NO!) In North Florida. Not looking forward to this, I never have warm clothes. I'm with you, trying to savor the warmth while we can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always let summer go, anticipating Autumn. I lived for too long in a hot dry place! Now, crave any season but summer, although I do love the flowers. Your roses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok so 'hate' is a strong word, but I kinda hate summer. I suffer from SAD in the summer, rather than winter months so I'm always able to exhale once September comes. Each season has its beauty though...I'm trying hard to change my reaction to sunny days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you. I love Summer! It's my favorite time of year. Even though we had a (early) frost, some plants are still blooming.
    I love your roses--such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...