Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Features - Handwriting

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, my Handwritten Cutting Boards were by far the most popular item for the holidays.

 I also sold several knives with a handwritten signature on them as well. Being able to have a loved ones handwriting on something you can carry with you at all times is pretty special. I even gave my dad one of my knives with my brother's signature on it. The best gift I gave all year!

And several other Etsy sellers know how special items with handwriting are as well. I had lots of fun searching Etsy for these items and found some really unique ideas.

Source
This Wall Hanging is one of the more original ideas I've seen. I love that you could have a small sentiment or a long quote.

Source
Jewelry with handwriting is very popular right now. Everything from rings, necklaces, bracelets, key chains, etc. I like the idea that you can take it with you everywhere.
I wear my brother's finger print necklace almost every day and it would be so cool to have his signature added to the back as well!

Source
Another fun home decor idea is this painted sign. Match any decor with lots of colors to choose from.
(bonus...this seller is from Iowa!)

I'm hoping to add more items to my shop this year that include handwriting. I've done picture frames, recipe boxes and signatures on ornaments, so I'm hoping to start with those!

7 comments:

  1. I too love the handwriting/handlettering trend. That is a very thoughtful and sweet gift you gave your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift you gave to your dad. I'm glad stuff like this is trendy, it's a nice change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handwriting on a gift is so special! Especially since these items can be passed down through generations. It is such a great concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a wonderful gift for your dad! I love that plaque! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love handwriting gifts. I got my mom a dish with my grandmother's signature on it and she loved it. It's a wonderful keepsake to remember someone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...