Monday, January 11, 2016

Meet Gladys

Amidst all the holiday craziness, there was a little fun going on behind the scenes for me. Back in September, I took my '63 Rambler Wagon in to be painted. It's something I had talked about doing for quite some time, but the cost always held me back. I finally took the plunge and I couldn't be happier I did!! I finally got her back on Dec. 30th!
 

Meet Gladys!
I decided that after painting her Hot Pink Pearl, that she really needed an official girl name. Since this car belonged to my great grandma (yes, it's a 4th generation car!) that it would be appropriate to name her after my Great-Grandma Gladys.
In April when I get my plates renewed, they will bear her name :)

The first picture above is still in the body shop, with no chrome on yet. My dad and Jesse spent a couple days putting her all back together. The chrome really makes her shine! I can't wait til I can take her outside and get some great shots in the sun. Since it was like 3 degrees yesterday, all you get are garage shots...lol.

I also had both the front and back seats recovered earlier this year as well. Since the painting process took a little longer than planned, they aren't actually in the car yet. (Who doesn't like car seats sitting in their living room?) In the spring, I'll be taking her to get all new carpet and then the new seats can be installed. I'm also still debating new door panels as well.

I'm sure you're not surprised that I choose pink :) And I can guarantee you you won't see another like it! Not only are Ramblers pretty rare, this color of paint is actually quite hard to come by! Who knew no one else wanted a hot pink car :)

18 comments:

  1. Edi, that is beyond amazing, on so many levels! And I'm glad you gave yourself such a fine gift--you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing! Looks so unique, also it is such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That is a HOT car in every sense of the word :) Love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT. IS. AWESOME.

    And hey, our old car was named Gladys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so fabulous, Edi! Congrats on the new paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! It's neat she's a family car. I didn't realize until recently how historically influential they were as the car that really started the 'second car' market. Those seats look fantastic and I bet the paint will shine in the sun,

    ReplyDelete
  7. That car is perfect for you! Bet she's going to be fun to drive since you'll be getting so much attention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so super fantastic, and so YOU! Congratulations on getting to do something fun for yourself. Your great-grandma would probably love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome Edi! The color is perfect for you too. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I love Gladys!
    I have a hot pink car too :) his name is Floyd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! I have to see pictures! What kind of car is Floyd?

      Delete
  11. Gladys is amazing! I'm so excited for your Edi! I hope you get to show her off as often as you would like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gladys is the coolest! Thanks for the smile, and I'm so happy you finally have your hot pink ride!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colour - she's shaping up to be a fabulous car!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the fact that Gladys is named for your great-grandmother, who owned it once upon a time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...