Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving - Top 10 Things I'm Thankful For

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US readers. I'll be spending the day (entire weekend actually) with lots of family get togethers. I'm excited my parents are here visiting and Jesse's aunt, uncle and cousin are here from Colorado as well! There will be lots of food to eat, stories to tell and just time spent being together.

I'm thankful all year long for all the wonderful people and things in my life. But, like many others, this time of year has me really thinking about the things I'm most thankful for. For today's post, I've put together the Top 10 Things I'm Thankful For.

1. Family
Family is always at the top of the list. This includes my immediate family, extended family and all of Jesse's family as well. They are my rock and my support system! After a bit of a rough year, they have proven time and time again that they are the best!

2. My Health
As I mentioned, it's been a bit of a rough year. 3 close family deaths. My grandpa spent a month in the hospital with MRSA. Jesse's grandma has been in the hospital 3 times. And Jesse had to have some unexpected surgery recently. I'm very thankful that my own health has been good!

3. My Home
My home is my sanctuary and most days I never leave. And also thankful for my growing home...hello new studio in 2014!

4. My Business
I couldn't be happier with how self-employment is working out. I love working from home and being my own boss! I am so thankful that quitting my full-time job was the right decision :)

5. Friends
I am thankful for both my friends I see in person as well as my online friends. Lunch with a friend or chatting online puts a smile on my face.

6. Quiet Days at Home
This goes hand in hand with being thankful for my home. But I'm most thankful for the quiet, productive days I spend at home creating up a storm. There is nothing better!

7. The Internet
It might seem a little silly, but without the internet, I wouldn't have been able to quit my job and work from home full-time. The internet is an amazing thing! It allows me to run a shop from my tiny spare bedroom (for now) and ship packages all over the world!

8. My Customers and Blog Readers
I am thankful for every sale and every blog comment. Knowing people love my work and read my posts makes me smile!

9. Wood Heat
Saving money and staying warm...yes, please! And that wood heat will also be heating my new studio with in-floor heat...woohoo!

10. Coffee & Wine
Frivolous? Maybe. But these two beverages get me through the day :)

What are you most thankful for this year?

11 comments:

  1. What a great top 10! I think I might add hot cocoa to the last one ;-)

    Have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Edi! It pretty much covers all the bases--I'd just add my pets. And, it's funny, but your is the third list of "thanks" I've read this morning that mentions the internet. But, really, it's such a good point! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I am also grateful for family and friends, good health, a warm house, food in the frig, and Etsy customers. And although I have a love/hate relationship with my computer, I'd have to say I'm thankful for the Internet, too. It is the lifeline for my Etsy shops.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and Jesse and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful things to be thankful for! I'm thankful to know you! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great list Edi! I love #10. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Except for #10, this could be my list :) I'd exchange the coffee and wine for tea and chocolate!
    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Edi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Edi! This is basically what my list would look like. The wine and coffee are the icing on the cake! It makes me nervous when there is talk on the news of struggling coffee and grape crops. This has happened with both lately! Hopefully they are all false alarms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though we were in France and not having a traditional Thanksgiving, my husband and I still talked about what we were thankful for at dinner. Both of us mentioned the internet, too! Without it, neither of us would have jobs, either, so I totally understand. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for all of your success. I'm glad that you have such a strong support system, especially during such a rough year. Here's hoping for an amazing 2014! I can't wait to see your finished studio.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...