Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Marketing Manager, Shipping Manager...Life Saver

It wouldn't be right for me to tell you what a great holiday season I had without giving credit where credit is due. Last year I had a friend come out 2 days a week to help me package orders. This year, I knew I would need someone 5 days a week and wasn't having luck finding anyone I thought could handle working with me 5 days a week during the crazy holiday season....lol What was a girl to do? Mom to the rescue!

We've always joked that my mom's title in my company is "Marketing Manager". She is always telling everyone she meets about my business and sending me new ideas. Then she volunteered to be my "Shipping Manager". We never did decide if that was a promotion or demotion, but she signed up for it either way :)

And not only did she package orders 5 days a week...sometimes 6 or 7 days a week. She also did lots of busy work so I could keep the lasers running as much as possible. She volunteered to take labels off 33 decanter boxes...which had a label on every.side.of.the.box! She also got the fun job of tying ribbons on all of the ornaments. One order alone was 130 ornaments!

She also did a lot of running for me! I didn't leave the house for almost a month! If we didn't get the packages out before the mailman got there or something needed to go to UPS and the truck actually wasn't stopping that day, she'd run everything to town. And pickup groceries for me while she was at it! She even made a special trip to town for me to get Harley's special dog food from the vet.

As you read, my mom had 3 titles and the last was "Life Saver"! Last year I was very stressed by the time Christmas got here. I do everything I can to prepare, but when everything I make is custom-order, it's hard to work ahead. Having my mom here for 3 months really was a life-saver!
We joked at the beginning as to whether we'd survive working together for that long, but in the end, it was hard to have her go! And I know she'll miss me asking her "What are you doing? WHAT are you doing?" LOL :)

THANKS MOM!!!

15 comments:

  1. Nice :) brings back good memories of when my mom would help me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your mom! How awesome of her to come down and help for so long. I'm glad she made you less stressed this time around! (And also, congrats on having so many orders you needed a full-time assistant! Boom!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mom is awesome! What a life saver. I'm glad your holiday season was such a success. I imagine there was never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your Mom really is a life saver :) How wonderful you got to work side by side with her throughout your busiest time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your mom! What a blessing it was that she was able to spend so much time there helping you! I'm sure it made this year way better than last too. Hope she enjoys her time off back at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that's awesome! It's great she was able to help and that things went well. And I second Paige - congratulations on all the orders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's great that your mom was able to help you out...and without bloodshed. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's amazing, Edi! Congratulations on such a busy season, and kudos for not only finding help, but finding good help!! Looks like the two of you got along great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your mom have a wonderful relationship, and I'm glad you had this time together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's obvious you understand how incredibly lucky you are, Edi, on so many levels! And you and your mom are making cool memories, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful is that! You make a great team! How nice of her to help you out like that! YAY to Mom's!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO glad your mom was there to ease the stress a bit. And CONGRATS again on a hugely successful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky you to have such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...