Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Creative Time-Saving Tips

Last week I told you how crazy my schedule is and how backwards it is from "normal" life. Today I thought I'd share a few tips on making the most of your time and getting more done :)
*Make to-do lists! I do these on daily and weekly schedules. I make a list each day before I leave work of everything I need to get done that day. I also make a weekly list of things that I want to get done if I have time after all the things that need to get done.
*This ties in with writing things down. I have to write everything down or I'll forget it! Carry a notebook everywhere you go so when an idea strikes...you'll never forget :)
*Stay Organized! I know this is easier said than done. But it will save you time in the end making it easier to find things later and making it easier to work on new projects :)
*Schedule your time! The computer can be a real time-sucker! I get caught browsing the internet when I should be creating! Set a timer for 15 or 30 minutes (whatever works for you). When the timer goes off...get off the computer. Then allow yourself time later to finish what you didn't get done.
*Break your tasks into 15 minute sections. If you wait for a large span of time to get things done...you'll never get to it!
Here are some ideas:
**Set out supplies for your next project
**Write descriptions or edit photos (this doesn't have to be done all at once...break it up)
**Clean your work area
*Multi-task! I don't ever do one thing at a time (it's a personal problem...LOL!) But I can get more done when I multi-task. I'll have a new post next week showing you ways you can successfully multi-task :)
What time-saving tips do you have? I'd love to hear them :)

10 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the to-do lists. If I don't write it down, it won't get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have OCD so you can imagine my work day!:-) I have lists for lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the others about lists--and my calendar. I'd be lost without either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to start writing my 'To Do' list again. It did help me stay organized. I will definitely try the timer idea. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right about the computer being a major timesuck. I too make lists. Actually I have a journal that is 70% business, 20% family, and 10% misc. I write to-do lists, things I want to remember to pray for, household tasks, and just comments about what is happening that day. When I use up a journal, I just move on to another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The computer gets way too much of my time every day! I really need to learn how to manage it so I'll try the timer thing. I have to make lists too or else I'll never remember anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you stay organized durning a project, then you do not loose creative time because you can no longer work in the mess. I too am huge on writing things down, so much so that I have to consolodate the ones from the desk/car/kitchen. However, we have a pad of paper in a magnet clip on the frige "always" for the grocery list... carried forward from my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so true! I need to plan out my day or else I spend the whole morning looking at pictures and craft blogs on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips :) Hmm - not sure if I can think of anything to add.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Writing down things is key. Even if you don't accomplish all on your list, it gives you a chart with which to measure your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...