Friday, June 1, 2012

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

I interrupt today's Friday Features for a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!
Today was my last day of work at my factory job! I'm officially self-employed!!! It feels SO good to say that!
The first day of the rest of my life :)

I've worked night shift at the same factory for 10 years now. My how time flies! Although it wasn't my ideal job and many days I hated what I was doing, it wasn't all bad. They paid for my schooling and we wouldn't have been able to buy our home, vehicles or other toys if I hadn't worked there. I met a lot of great people too. All in all, I am grateful for the time I spent at that job.

But I am very much ready for the next phase of my life! Self-employed at 29...who would have thought! Before I bought my laser, being self-employed full-time wasn't really an option. I enjoy making my scrapbooks, but I knew it would never be a full-time opportunity. My laser has opened up so many opportunities for me! My business has grown so much over the last year! And I haven't even made half the ideas I have floating in my head!

My goal at the start of 2012 was to quit my job by January 2013...I'm 6 months ahead of schedule!!! How awesome is that! I really still can't believe it's all happening! I'm living my dream :) And my parents are still in town for this weekend, so we'll be celebrating tonight with the whole family :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*HAPPY DANCE*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

20 comments:

  1. AAAAAAH! CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edi- doing a happy dance with you! Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing a happy dance for you too Edi! I can't wait to see what all you create now that you have an extra 40 hours a week! I know you're going to be a huge success! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you Edi!! The first day of the rest of your life is a great way to describe it:) I'm sure you'll be feeling a lot more able to get things in order now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! You go, Girl and live those dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so happy for you Edi!! I feel like I've said it all before, but it's still true. I am excited to see where you go with this new phase in your life. Have fun celebrating tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats! you deserve it! so happy to hear that you were able to reach your goal :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! How exciting! Wishing you much continued success and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yahoo! I know you'll be very successful -- you're off to a great start already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Congrats! Wishing you astonishing sales success!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edi, this is such awesome news! Now go out there and capture the world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!
    Congrats Edi! I'm also doing the happy dance with you together with Linda and Sharla :D
    I've always admired how much you got done even with your full-time job. Now you'll have that extra time to implement your ideas, and that is a great feeling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doing a happy dance for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! This is really exciting news! I was going to say "good luck" - but I don't think it's luck - it's your hard work and fantastic talent that made this possible! Can't wait to see what you come up with now that you have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats!!!! All the best in your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you Edi! I can't believe how time flies. It doesn't seem that long ago that we (all) were talking about this, since your business was growing. HOw fast it has grown!
    Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Edi!!! What an exciting way to start the summer. This is the start of an exciting adventure.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  18. yayayayayayaayayaya! that is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Edi, I'm late in reading about your BIG NEWS, since we've been out of state, but I am so happy for you. Congrats on your new life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...