Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Brother

I want to wish my brother a Happy 33rd Birthday today!
We went to lunch together on Friday and it was so nice to spend time together just the two of us :) My brother and I work different shifts and always seem to be busy on the weekends, so we don't get to see each other as much as I'd like. Our time together is always special :)
Here is the birthday card I made him:
I've made several of these lasered wood cards lately and I have SO many ideas for premade and custom cards to add to my shop! I have even thought a lot about trying to get them in local shops if I can find a pen or marker that will work well so people can sign their names. When ordered from my Etsy Shop, they will be able to have me engrave their special message or have the option of adding a photo like this one I made for my brother.
I really think I'm on to something here...what do you think? Would you send one of these or enjoy receiving one in the mail? I would really love to hear your thoughts :)

10 comments:

  1. Hi Edi,

    A while back I won the giveaway at Rose Works Jewelry.
    I think when you emailed me it didn't make it thru. Please try emailing me again peripatetic33
    peripatetic33 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...that's sweet!
    I don't get to see my brother much, because we live in different countries!!!
    But he's coming over this summer :)
    Happy Birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always love personalized gift. this is genius one! i love the picture. happy birthday to your brother!

    dita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your brother! That's a great card and it's a wonderful way to remember a special occasion. I don't like my photo normally so I'm sure it's not too cute on wood. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card that keeps on giving! I predict that you will do well w/these when you put them into your shop or custom orders from the winery, etc..

    ReplyDelete
  6. this would be so nice - think of all those woodworkers out there! People send me birthday cards, and I save them. But they're stored in a folder and I never see them. This birthday boy/girl can put the card on their shelf. It would be nice to include a padded envelope, and maybe sell stands in the shop as an add on, so the sender could buy one from you, if they wanted it. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a fabulous idea!
    Happy Birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that you got to spend some time with your brother for his birthday! I don't see my brother much either.

    I love the engraved birthday cards and like the idea of having a way to sign or write a personal message with pen or marker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last night I got up in the middle of the night and my hubby was looking at all the photos scrolling by on his screen saver. They are all photos of family. Needless to say, family photos on cards is a great idea! My hubby would like it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...