Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Weddings

It will soon be the start of "wedding season". We have already started receiving invites and I have been making them since last November.



The thing I like about making wedding invitations is getting to be a part of something so special. I love working with the couple to get them the perfect invitation. Getting a glimpse into their lives and what they want their wedding to say about them. I have so much fun choosing the right colors and embellishments to decorate the invites with.



I recently did a fun pocket invitation with silver thread stitching which I thought was really cute. (I had to replace the photo with one of my own as I did not have permission from the photographer to use it for advertising.) The colors were so great for the winter wedding. The dark red just spoke Christmas to me and the silver thread gave it that extra something to make it stand out. The couple absolutely loved them and thought the thread looked like wire woven through the paper...so elegant. The inside paper is silver as well with a shine to it. You can't have a wedding without some sparklies :)



Here are a couple of pics of these invites:



And as always, here is the listing to purchase a sample of this invitation:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9577289

There are also several others there to check out as well. And I am more than willing to do custom work :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend and I hope you enjoy the "wedding season" as it is upon us!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful invitation.
    Something so different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unusual, lovely invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog and for giving me the link to your Etsy shop. Your work is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so beautiful! Your blog is looking really great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...