Sunday, December 12, 2010

It Runs in the Family

My mom has always told me that she isn't creative and that I got all of my talent from my aunts. For the longest time I believed her because she never was much into crafting...or finishing a project anyway :) And one of my aunts was my 4-H leader and taught me a lot of what I know. My thoughts all changed when I got an email from my mom on Friday. And along came this photo: (She's going to kill me for sharing this...but I love it! And I'm proud of her creativity!) They had an ugly sweater contest at work Friday and my mom decided to participate. But she didn't wear any ordinary sweater...she created one! The base of the sweater was already pretty "adorned" but she added a few more fun features. She tied on a fishing santa. Added battery operated lights to the Christmas tree. Added jingle bells and a santa ornament. And the best addition...Rhonda Reindeer on her shoulder :) There was no question as to who won this contest :) I am proud to say that I get my creativity from my mother :)

6 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! And how funny that you are celebrating her winning for Ugliest sweater!!:) But her sweater really is creative even if I doubt it was the ugliest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. this sweater is SUPER CUTE for me!!! Love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! It's the cutest ugliest sweater I've ever seen! Glad she won the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! that is so cute! what an imagination! Love the fishing santa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is definitely creative!! awesome sweater! Tell your mom we're glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the most awesomely ugly sweater...like those ugly dogs that are so ugly they are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...