Thursday, December 30, 2010

ANOTHER New Toy

By now I'm sure you've figured out how much I love scrapbooking toys :) There are just so many cool things you can do with new toys and so many new projects you can come up with!
I'm officially taking my toy collection to the next level! After the first of the year I'm buying a LASER CUTTER!!!!! The machine is called an Epilog and they came to demo it on Tuesday! Of course I was too busy playing and asking a billion questions to take any pics! But here is a photo from their site. It is sort of like an oversized printer or large microwave (in terms of size).
I originally started looking for a machine that would cut out my Custom Name Albums for me. My xacto knife gets the job done, but it sure is a lot of work...and time-consuming! Not only will this laser cutter cut out my albums...it will do SO much more!!! It will cut thin woods, acrylic, fabrics and rubber to name a few. And it will engrave on tile, marble, leather, wood, glass, etc. etc. The list just goes on and on!!!!!! And there is a rotary attachment for etching on round items like glasses and bottles!
This machine will make it possible for me to grow my inventory so I can do more shows. As well as shorten my turn-around time for custom orders. It will also allow me to expand my business in so many ways! My mind is working over time with all the ideas I want to use this machine for!
Don't tell Jesse, but I think I'm in love :)

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were cutting with an xacto knife! Wow, you have a steady hand! Sounds like lots of fun!! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That's a major new toy! What fun you are going to have and I can't wait to see what all you do. I'm pretty sure Jesse knows he's still your number one love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing new toy! Wow! Looking forward to seeing all your new ideas. This certainly can do a whole lot of wonderful things! Have fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet!!! And we won't tell Jesse...even though BT is right - he knows he's number one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...