Saturday, October 31, 2009

More Family Treasures!!!

I went to visit my grandparents this week and my grandmother had recently received some newspaper articles, photos and other memorabilia from a family friend. The friend had been saving them for years and wasn't sure what to do with them, but thought someone in the family might want them. I just love people like that :)
Among the things my grandmother gave me were my parents wedding invitation...which I had never seen before! And the newspaper article about their wedding. I had seen the photo before, but never read the article.
I love how the invitation is timeless :) I think they chose a great one! It is something I can see someone still sending out today.
I got a good laugh out of the article! It described my mom's dress in so much detail (the longest paragraph) and the bridesmaids' dresses. It talked about all the flowers used in the bouquet. It even went on to talk about who all was at the reception. It was so detailed...11 paragraphs long!
I am so grateful that the family friend mailed these to my grandmother and that she thought of me to give them to :) My grandma even told me I could organize all her photos for her...and take or make copies of the ones I want :) This would be like a day at the beach for me! Gotta love family memorabilia :)

11 comments:

  1. OH GOOD GRIEF! That was a lifetime ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful happening for you and your grandmother. It seems you have a delightful relationship and I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool! Heck, I'm not even sure if I have one of my own invites around :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to have!
    Couldn't help thinking, "Whoah. Small town? Around here, you're lucky if they print an announcement at all!" Not that we're exactly a big city. We like to think of ourselves as a small town that just happens to have a million or so people living in it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to get ahold of the invitation and newspaper announcement of your parents' wedding! I was thinking that you might say the invitation was something you could see yourself sending out but instead you said "someone". Hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great memory book this all would make! And you're just the one to create it. It would be a wonderful wedding anniversary gift. Have fun with all the goodies!

    and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun! Sounds like you had a good time together =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your life it full of blessings Edi. You are very lucky to have such family ties, and close, loving relationships with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! To think they could have been lost forever! I love old photos and memorabilia. The photo of your parents is wonderful. And the invitation is , too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great gifts were passed on to you. Amazing story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...