Saturday, May 2, 2009

My New Do :)

I finally did it...I finally cut my hair!!! I have had the same hair cut since I was in about 8th grade! Straight, all one length, long...in a word: Boring! I started adding some layers in the last year or so and started parting it on the side rather than down the middle a few years back, but it's still the same cut no matter how you look at it.
For you to understand why I haven't ever cut my hair, I thought you needed to see this photo:
My 4th grade school portrait...hideous hair cut! Thanks Mom!!! This hair cut was not my choice...but Mom thought it looked so cute...GAG! So cute in fact that I had to get my ears pierced so everyone would know I was a girl! From the time I started growing it out after this...it has been the same. I was too afraid to ever cut it again!
But yesterday I got brave. So brave in fact my hair stylist didn't know if she could do it...which I thought was funny :) She took off about 6" in all!!!
Here are the shots from yesterday right after I got it cut:
And here is another one I took today after I did a little work to it. And I do mean little...that's all I know!
It must be something in the air because Harley got his hair cut this week too. Doesn't he look cute :)

6 comments:

  1. Edi, your new haircut is beautiful! I love it! And as for Harley, he is as cute as can be! In the 2nd photo he looks like he's asking "do you feel a breeze?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous hair you have! Your photos are lovely!
    Harley, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWWee Edi! Brave you are my dear...funny about your hair stylist. Looks really great. And, Harley...well what can I say, your are sooooooo cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great. don't know how I missed this post earlier :P
    I am totally opposite...my stylist says she loves when I come in b/c I change it yearly - sometimes seasonally...unless I'm growing it out

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...