Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Alchemy

Since I decided I wasn't going to participate in any fall craft shows this year, I have more time for custom work. Alchemy is one place I've been getting more orders from.
Alchemy is a custom request system through Etsy where buyers place requests and sellers place bids. You get to show the buyer what you have to offer and if they like your item, you win the bid. I've already gotten two custom orders from Alchemy and I've seen several others I could bid on that I think my Custom Name Albums would be great for.
I thought I'd share a few tips for Alchemy:
  • Be very specific about what you are offering
  • Show photos if you can or link to an item in your shop
  • Let them know they can get ahold of you with any questions
  • Be patient
  • Just give it a try...All they can do is say no, and you go on to the next one. I probably only win 1 out of 5 bids. You can't win them all, but you won't know until you try :)

Happy Bidding!

4 comments:

  1. That is a great tip. I have used Alchemy before. I think it is a great idea for both sellers and buyers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't looked at Alchemy since it was first implemented. I might have to check it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I looked at alchemy, for my jewelry, when it first started, but didn't see much that I had to offer. Haven't tried to describe a piece, and see if there's interests. Another great idea! won't be selling anything at work - I need to try wherever I can... and be patient! Thanks for the reminder. I'll give it a try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea! I have looked at Alchemy in the past but never pursued it seriously. I'll have to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...