Thursday, February 25, 2010

Traveling the World!!!

This week's Blog Carnival themes were chosen by Handmade by Sandi. Isn't this Coffee Cozy from her shop so cute!
Since Sandi is on vacation right now...she thought it would be appropriate for us to all blog about vacations :)
#1 What's the best vacation your ever had?
#2 Of all the places in the world, where would you like to go and why?
I thought I would take this opportunity to share with you one of my life long dreams. I have always wanted to visit every state in the United States :) Every state has something special (or several somethings) that that would be amazing to see!
Art by recycledartco Click photo to be taken to this listing.
As a child we took the same family vacation every year! I was so envious of my friend who traveled the world with her parents to such neat places! So I made it my goal to visit each state at least once! I've got a pretty good start on my list, but there are several areas I haven't even touched.
Here is my list:
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas (very briefly)
  • California (but I was 3 months old...so I'm not sure it counts)
  • Colorado
  • Florida
  • Idaho
  • Illinois (I only drove through these last two...so they don't really count either)
  • Iowa (obviously!)
  • Kansas
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • Nevada
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming

Though every year we went to Branson for family vacation, my parents also took me to Florida, the Bahamas, Arizona...and of course they are the reason I go to Michigan.

When I was in junior high, running track took me to many of these destinations as well. I went to Wisconsin, Minnesota and Texas all because of track :)

And of course Jesse has shown me some great places in the is great country :) We have gone snowmobiling in Wyoming, Montana, Utah and Colorado. We also went to Vegas together :) Now if I could just get him to take me to the beach...LOL :)

I might have a long way to go to reach my goal, but I feel I've put a pretty good dent in it in my 26 (okay...almost 27) years :)

Now...where should I go next??

4 comments:

  1. You do have a good start on your goal to visit every state! Oregon is missing from your list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling around to all states in your country is a great idea!! I wants to visit all provinces in my country too.. another list to do before I die.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive list! Go to Pennsylvania- it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to come to the east coast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...