Monday, August 22, 2011

Advertising/Marketing/Branding

I've been looking at different ways to advertise my shop and get my web address on all of my products. That way when I sell a product, it's like a little business card goes with every item :) Without my address right on the product, people may forget where they purchased the item and could easily lose my business card. Plus, if they give the item as a gift (which happens with my items quite often) they most likely won't pass along my business card. Here are some ways that I add my etsy addy to my products: *Stickers on the backs of my albums *Engrave my address on the backs of picture frames, plaques and other wood items *On any packaging I make, like my magnets shown below *At the least, I add a hang tag to items I'm not able to engrave on or add a sticker too. Like my wine glasses or champagne flutes Branding is also important when advertising your business. All of my tags (except my hang tags, which I still need to update!) match my business cards. They also match my blog and my etsy banner. I used to have my magnets on a large jelly roll pan for display. I recently decided to put my magnets in sets and add a card with them for advertising. Now my magnets have a little built in business card with them and they match all of my other cards and web sites. The stickers on the backs of my albums also match my business cards :) Put your web address and other information anywhere you can! Get your name out there! But remember to do this tactfully. Don't ever let your info take away from the product or distract from your product.

14 comments:

  1. These are excellent ideas for keeping your name out and on your products. btw I love those magnets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really helpful ideas. I still have a hard time streamlining my branding; I suppose I need to just make a decision and stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice, Edi! Thanks! You really thought of everything!
    I need to work on branding.
    I'm glad I thought of adding my website address on the new batch of sew-in labels that I attach to clothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I agree branding is so important! I've been working on getting mine recently as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's excellent! Branding is so important. And for me, I've been looking at the stats and seeing how my product images have actually been passed around the internet, I realised the importance of even branding my product images. That way, if someone forgets to give credit, then there is a brand to google up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, yes ... all important advise! Thanks much

    Note to self, design and order new business cards, and thank you cards. Need a blog and shop banner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh! I forgot to add a stupid business card! Will remember after reading this. And I like your stickers and packaging paper! I also love the way you're selling magnets in a group!

    I'm not too happy with my name, since my beads are "second tier" now, but don't feel like changing
    everything! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! All of my stuff matches my shop banner, too. Sadly, I can't exactly stick the web address onto jewelry, but I always include a business card AND a postcard with every purchase. Just so people really remember where they bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips, Edi! I was falling asleep last night thinking of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your business card is getting pretty full! These are all great ideas and I like your magnet packaging. The back of that album looks mightly familiar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great advice. I always welcome marketing/branding tips because I definitely am weak in that area. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great advice! Your shop info almost becomes a part of your artistic creation =) Looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...