Thursday, August 18, 2011

What's For Dinner?

Most of you know, I'm not usually one to share recipes. I'm no gourmet chef by any means! But when I run across a great, easy recipe that we love, I like to share it :)
I found this recipe in a magazine and had to dash to the grocery store to find this Philly Savory Garlic Cooking Creme! I love that there are very few ingredients and it all cooks right on the stove! (Great for summer when you don't want to start the oven!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are the ingredients:
*1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces *1/2 cup halved red pepper strips *1 pkg. (6 oz.)baby spinach leaves *1 tub (10 oz.)PHILADELPHIA Savory Garlic Cooking Creme *2 cups hot cooked penne pasta *2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And you can find the entire recipe HERE.
I had no idea that I liked spinach! In fact I would have turned my nose up at it had I not used it in this recipe! I actually quite like it :) And I've used yellow peppers in place of the red ones as well. I don't usually bother with the pine nuts. That's what's great about this recipe...change it up/use what's on hand/add a few extras!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS...Do you say Supper or Dinner?
I usually say supper, but the title sounded better with dinner...LOL :)

13 comments:

  1. Savory garlic cooking creme sounds really good. I have to stay away from pasta these days because it triggers migraines for me, but the rest of your ingredients look tasty.

    I grew up with "dinner".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!

    Great up with supper, that was ages ago ... now we say dinner.

    What made you put the spinach in when you didn't think that you would like it? LOL

    Just had a thought, sauteed onions and mushrooms added in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...I love spinach, and this sounds like my kind of recipe (except the garlic maybe)!
    Looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pasta dishes and this looks like a yummy and easy one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great!...and just about my level of cooking expertise. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum yum! I'm not a cook either (nor a spinach eater), but it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, I love spinach! And this sounds easy enough to make after work when neither of us wants to cook dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummy! I don't cook anything but this looks easy enough for even me to figure out. I was surprised when I found out I actually like spinach too! Oh and here we have supper! Must be a midwest thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of the cooking creme but haven't tried it before. Thanks for sharing this! Jake doesn't like spinach either, but he'll eat it in certain recipes.

    I say dinner, but Jake says supper haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I love spinach and garlic.
    Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will have to make it sometime.

    I say dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks super tasty!! I am definitely a spinach fan, so I'll have to give this a try!
    Found you via etsy's blog team:)
    www.impactjewelry.blogspot.com
    P.S. I say "dinner," but I used to say "supper" when I was younger and lived in the south!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great, totally adaptable to whatever veggies you have on hand. I say dinner but grew up saying supper as my dad is from Birmingham, AL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmm! Be right over - that looks delish!

    We grew up using both words and sometimes applied to both the midday meal and the evening meal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...