Tuesday, August 30, 2011

School Memories - Blog Carnival

Erika at Artful Rising and Little Andalucia is the host of this edition's EtsyBloggers Blog Carnival and she has Back To School on her mind!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are this week's topics:
1. It is Back to School! Show off your back to school fashions, jewelry, supplies, gift ideas from your shop.
2. Share a memory from your school days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With the first day of school just starting up, this always reminds me of a tradition we had at our house. On the first day of every school year, my mom would take a picture of my brother and I ready to head to school :) We would hold up our fingers representing what grade we would be in.
My brother graduated 5 years ahead of me, so for my last few pictures...it's just me. This is my last school picture of my high school career. Here I am ready to start my Senior year!
What memories do yo have from school? Any traditions you'd like to share?

16 comments:

  1. That's a lovely tradition!
    Such precious photos. You look so sweet in the top one and stunning in the other one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures, and a nice tradition for the first day of school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute pictures. I think the thing I remember most was going shopping for school clothes and I couldn't wait to wear them. My mom made us save them for the first day of school.

    I have great memories of my kid's school days. I would take craft projects to the school and teach the kids. One year we made ghosts and pumpkins out of fun foam. The kids loved the projects and always wanted me to come back and do more with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you guys held up fingers to represent the grade you were going into. So cute! My parents took our picture every year too. I always looked forward to wearing my first day of school outfit! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fun! I was homeschooled, so it wasn't a HUGE deal, but I always enjoyed when field trips started happening again (we were part of a co-op).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tradition!
    A collection of those photos would be so special to have!
    Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tradition! Thanks for sharing those fun pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute photos! I did not realize that your brother was that much older than you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've always been such a cutie Edi! I love the tradition of holding up your fingers for the year you were going into! How'd you do that for your junior and senior year? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister and I did the picture thing too, but it only lasted a few years. I *did* take a picture of my husband on the first day of his MBA program...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dearly remember the smell of brand new school materials... Bringing text books home after the first day of school, to get their covers decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a neat tradition that your mom had! It must be fun to look back through those pictures now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your bangs in that first picture. I had some killer bangs as well but mine liked to stick all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. those are such cute photos. And what a cute idea! Now aren't you glad your mom took the pics? {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cool! Thanks for sharing these photos! My mom would take pictures of my brother and me on our first day of school as well. I did take some photos of my kids on their first days, but only early on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...