Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Newest Rotary Engraving

I've been having more fun with my rotary this week! I LOVE colored glass as it really makes the engraving/etching stand out. This blue glass looks amazing! (I'm still working on my photography skills!) I can't wait to find more colors and glass styles!
I've also been trying to focus on items that I want to add to my shop so my photographer friend can come help me with pictures :) I'll definitely be adding these Bride and Groom champagne flutes. And I'll add Mr and Mrs flutes as well. (Do you think the words should be closer to the top of the glass...please let me know your thoughts.)
Wine glasses will also come in several custom choices as well as premade options as well. This monogram glass turned out well. I think I'll make the engraving a tad smaller so you can see the whole thing. These will come in different font options as well as first names/last names.
I tried engraving a larger candle votive, but didn't have much luck. I'll be trying again soon. I've had a lot of interest in these, so I'd like to have several options :)
Here is one of the premade options I'm thinking of offering. I'll be making the feather larger and maybe put it on both sides? Or all the way around? Still thinking of other premade options as well.
What do you think? Let me know how I'm doing and add any suggestions you have too!

17 comments:

  1. beautiful! can I get married again so I can use those champagne flutes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! I am in love with the peacock feather one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful etchings!
    I love the font you used for the "bride" and "groom". I think the position is just fine imho.
    I can see you are having so much fun with the rotary cutter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! It must be so much fun to play around with and see what results you can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The feather is beautiful, and I especially like the way the engraving looks on the colored glass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are great Edi, and I like all of the ones that you made the way they are and the way that you are thinking too. Why not more ways than one!

    How about using an engraved champagne as a voltive candle holder? Around here you can get great glasses at 2nd hand type of stores, sets, doubles, singles. Mr & Mrs champagne glass with a voltive candle in each? For instance, DD and fiance do not drink much, if at all. The option might be a seller.

    Jenny's comment lead me to think of anniversary glasses, how about birthday celebrations, baby showers, holiday themes ... ok, I'll stop now cause knowing you, you have already thought of all of this.

    Cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I especially love the Bride and Groom champagne glasses.

    LeAnn aka pasqueflower
    http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work! The placement of the bride and groom looks perfect! The feather is amazing. Good luck with this new aspect of your business. ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all! I think the peacock feather is my favorite and I like it exactly the way it is. I'd say Bride and Groom could go up a little higher, maybe 3/4 of the way up? I love the font on it! Great job and your new toy looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! Weddings are big on the web and I imagine women will like being able to customize their glasses.

    And the words are in a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wine glasses are a great investment... anyone who has the extra cash to spend on wine can buy personalized glasses. The monogram set is beautiful. Good idea about getting a pro. photographer! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the placement of bride/groom on the glasses. The blue one at the top is my favorite! I think that the wedding and monogrammed items will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great ideas Edi! I like the bride and groom glasses to but shouldn't it be moved up a little so you can write Jesse and Edi underneath? :D Having the wedding date on it would be really nice since that makes it more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your glass with the feather is awesome! I bet you sell alot of them! I really like the wine corks you have in your shop too. Pretty unique items you have!! XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the feather! I think wine glasses for all occasions are a great idea. They make such a nice gift for anyone who enjoys wine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so nice Edi! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...