Thursday, January 14, 2010

2009 Memories-EtsyBloggers Blog Carnival

For this week's EtsyBloggers Blog Carnival hosted by BeadedTail, one of the topics we were asked to write about was: Now that 2009 has come to a close, what will you remember most about last year?
2009 was a wonderful year filled with so many wonderful memories :) I truly believe that each year just gets better! I would have to say the most memorable thing about 2009 was being laid off. Now I know this doesn't sound so wonderful, but it may have just been the best 6 months of my life!!!
I must first start off by saying that I am very grateful to be back to work now! In today's economy, jobs are hard to come by and I am very fortunate to have mine back.
That being said...I really did enjoy my time off! I was able to have a normal schedule. I was able to workout every day. I was able to take Harley on walks. I was able to meet up with friends for lunch or dinner. I was able to deep-clean my house. I was able to scrapbook ALL DAY!!! My time off was amazing and I never want to forget how much I enjoyed having my days free :)
I created this layout to help me remember.

I encourage you to find the good in a bad situation and embrace it :)

4 comments:

  1. That's really great how you are able to take a potentially devastating situation and see the good in it! Yay for you! Sometimes change is good in that it forces us to step out when we otherwise would not have had the courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you are always able to find the good in what could be a bad situation! You have helped me more than I can say in keeping a positive attitude. You are a beautiful person inside and out Edi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to echo beaded tail's comment above. You seem to be a very sparkly person who brings light into others' lives. There is always good in bad situations, always something to learn, perhaps even some joy to take away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent advice! Being positive is the best thing someone can do to get through hard times.

    I hope 2010 is even better than 2009 for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...