Friday, September 11, 2009

Be Proud-Blog Carnival Entry

One of our blog carnival options for the EtsyBloggers this month is to: Brag on yourself. What are you most proud of in your life?
I had to think long and hard about this one. I feel I have accomplished a lot in my 26 years and am proud of so many things. It was actually pretty nice to think back on all of my success and pick that one proudest moment :)
I would have to say that my proudest moment is actually a time in my life...not just one moment. I am proud of myself for working full-time, going to school full-time, and running my scrapbooking business! Yup...I'm a multi-tasker :)
I started working in the factory when I was 19 years old! Not one's ideal job, but it is one of the best paying jobs in my area...and they paid for my schooling! Definitely a bonus! And along the way, I have proven myself as a hard worker and have shown that I can do any job any man in that factory can :)
School was not easy while working full-time! I started out at a community college and had to drive an hour each way to class. I would work at night, drive to class, be in class for 4-5 hours each day, drive the hour back home...and do it all again the next day! Luckily along the way I found online classes :) They were a life-saver! I was able to do my work when it fit best into my schedule and get more accomplished this way. I earned my bachelor's degree on an accelerated program :) I have also started taking some MBA classes. Education is important to me and I enjoy learning new things. I may only be 4 classes into my degree...but it feels awesome!
And yes, I was running my scrapbooking business all along! I attended craft shows when I was able. I scrapbooked every spare minute I had. I made time for the things that were important :) Not only was I running my business, I was growing my business! It was during this time that I found Etsy and became an online seller!
I hope to add the accomplishment of MBA degree holder to my list some day. And the whole time, I will continue to work full-time and continue to run my Etsy shop :) I am a very goal-oriented person...and I am proud of that :)
P.S...Look for the Friday Features tomorrow :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so busy. Good luck with the schooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy girl! You have a lot to be proud of :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud of you too...and you are young enough to be my daughter, so now I know where you get the energy. I think I used most of mine up...LOL

    You Go GIRL!!!

    x0

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! You have an awesome attitude :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly do have a lot to be proud of Edi! You are an inspiration and with your determination, I know that there is nothing you can't do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome, Edi! Your drive is admirable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I'm so glad you're pursuing your dream of going for an MBA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And we are SO proud of you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much in such a young life! You have every right to be proud! Thank you for taking part in this blog carnival.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...