Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Features-Labor Day Weekend

Here in the little town of Essex, Iowa...Labor Day is probably the biggest event all year long! Our celebrations start on Friday and don't end until Monday night! Our little town of 1,000 grows 10 fold!
So in honor of the big celebration, I bring you some fun features about what Labor Day means to me :)
On Saturday I will be working at a golf tournament selling refreshments. When I saw these adorable Fancy Tees from JudyCootie I knew I had to share them :)
Monday is filled with lots of events! The entire day there is a flea market in the park. This Cottage Sign by FamilyAttic caught my eye right away :) I hope to find myself some treasures this year!
Also on Monday is the big parade...complete with lots of marching bands, floats, fire trucks and horses...along with lots of other fun entries. Isn't this On Parade Thank You Card by SaraJaneStudios super cute!!!
One of the last events of the weekend is the demolition derby. I'm a little bummed my cousin won't be in it this year, but this cool Pile Up print from GiminiComplex can help me remember the years that he did participate.
I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend :) I better celebrate while I can...as I go back to work on Tuesday!!!

10 comments:

  1. Ode to the days of small town growing up on Cape Cod. The memories are forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tees would almost make me want to learn how to golf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun! and that last pic - ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There can be such joys to small town living! I'm sending that golf tee links to all my golfer friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to feature the events of your small town this weekend! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely blog
    come visit and enter my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely blog
    come visit and enter my giveaway
    whiteserenade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like you have a very fun weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...