Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Night Shift

Sunday already! Gosh...these weekends sure do go fast now that I'm back to work! And I start back on night shift tonight, so I have to go in to work at 11pm tonight! But I'm prepared :) I've got all the laundry done, I've got a roast in the crock pot, I've got the alarm set and the coffee preset ready :) Night shift has its perks. It's nice to get off work on Friday morning and be done for the week :) Plus, it is the shift that Jesse is on and I've missed him this week while being on day shift. It's hard going from seeing each other every day to not seeing each other until the weekend! So I will be happy to spend more time with my man :) Plus, night shift is a quieter shift. There are less people and less management in the plant at that time. We currently don't even have an assembly line running on the night shift...which makes it a lot quieter. So I'll have to do some changing around of my schedule and get used to a whole new one, but it will be worth it. And it's a schedule that I was on for over 6 years, so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to get back into the swing of things. On another note...I did apply for another job with my current employer. Hopefully I will hear about that on Monday or Tuesday. It will put me back on day shift, but it will be a less physically demanding job. It's an office job, but on the shop floor. So I get a little bit of both worlds. This job will change my schedule again...but I'm ready for whatever this life has to hand me :) Hope you all have a great Sunday and get to relax before the week starts. We're goin' airboating :) Catch ya later!

7 comments:

  1. Hope the transition goes well! Good luck with the other position :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a mornings person.... don't know if I'd injure myself at night or not! lol Good thing that you and Jesse will be on the same shift! (see how long that lasts?) {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything goes well as you switch back to the night shift! Does Jesse work for the same employer so you would actually see each other at work too? And good luck with the new position or whatever else may come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it goes smooth...and what a great bonus having Jesse on the same shift :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh!! I feel for you! I have worked shifts my whole life. You'll get used to it after a while. Pace yourself. <3

    Anne ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  6. These days it's wonderful to have a job at all, never mind the shift--and it's great that you have opportunities to apply for different positions while retaining the same employer. You have the right attitude about change; I hope everything works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. airboating! The perfect activity before having to start back to work! Hope your adjustment is not too difficult and that you get the job you really want.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...