Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...It's Back to Work I Go

After being laid off for just over six months, I got the call to return to work last night. I will start next Tuesday and will find out more about my job and shift then. I also have an interview (with the same company) on Wednesday for a different type of job.
I must say, this layoff has been such a blessing. I've been doing factory work since I was 19 years old and have never had a summer off, a spring break, or any of the other fun stuff that comes with college life. I went to college full-time all while working full-time. This summer has been wonderful! I've gotten to relax. I've gotten to scrapbook a lot!!! I've gotten to spend more time with my friends. I've gotten to sleep at night. (I worked overnights before.) I've just gotten to enjoy life :)
But it is time to go back to work. And the timing couldn't be more perfect! I got to go on all the vacations we had planned. And I will return right after Labor Day, so it all works out well :) There are many things we would like to do and buy that just can't happen with unemployment. I am fortunate to have a job that just put me on a temporary layoff and didn't cut everyone permanently. I have been applying for other jobs while being laid off and haven't had any success. It has been nice to know that my old job was still a possibility.
I hope that all of my readers that are out of work, or have family or friends out of work will find work soon. In the mean time, enjoy your time off and things will work out in the end :)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on going back to work! It's wonderful that it worked out the way it did allowing you to enjoy your summer off though. Good luck on your interview too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Edi! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I'm glad you are so happy about this! How wonderful that you were able to enjoy a summer off. I hope you enjoy your work and that it is fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for work! I'm glad you got to enjoy your summer too. Tho work is always good for the pocket. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds perfect! enjoy your last weekend of the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so obvious how much you've enjoyed crafting in your time off! Hope you continue to make time to do what you love. Good luck!ou

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an exhaustive inspiration!

    You must be young...LOL

    Huge CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being called back to work Edi! In these troubled financial times, having a job is a blessing. I hope it all works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...