Saturday, September 19, 2009

Work Update

Yay! I survived my first week back on night shift! Some nights weren't easy, but it was kind of nice to get back into that routine. Overtime has already begun. Which I guess I can't complain about because the money is nice...and that's why I'm there after all. I volunteered to work ten hour days to help out in hopes to have the weekend off. That plan kind of backfired as I got mandated to work on Saturday...Welcome back to the corporate world! At least they let us go in early and leave early :) On a great note...they decided to call 45 more people back to work!!! We knew they were going to be calling some...but that amount is awesome. This will allow them to start up a second partial shift on the assembly line and alleviate some of the overtime that department has been working. I haven't heard whether this will affect me or not. I am in a temp. position and the person who has that job full-time will be called back in this group. So I may have to learn a new machine again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe this will get me back to my old permanent job! Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday...I'm off to work on windows all day. Of course...more pics to come :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your adjusting well :) And that's exciting that they are calling so many people back to work! What exactly is it that you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it through your first week! That's wonderful that so many more people are going to have their jobs back! I hope you get back your old permanent job too and of course can't wait to see the progress on your house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...